Some enchantment ideas that I think could work in Omniverse

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ΩVolt9, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Which enchantments would you like to see added, if any?

1. Blaze

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Counter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Banishment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Trailblazer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Thunderstrike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of them (Would you mind explaining why?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (What are your thoughts?)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ΩVolt9

ΩVolt9 Senior member
    Altair Witherweaver 3 Year Badge

Hey, I like to design minecraft mods on paper, and I've designed a couple enchantments over the years. I think some are simple enough that I believe they could be added into the game as a custom enchantment. Here's a small list of a few of them.

Blaze
    Blaze doubles fire damage deal by Fire Aspect and Flame enchants. This enchantment comes with only one level, and if implemented should only be available to high level enchanters.

Blaze: Doubles damage of fire from Fire Aspect and Flame enchantments.

This enchantment is the first one I ever designed, and is the signature enchantment of rainbowcraft2, my minecraft character.

Counter
    As you take damage, a small portion of this damage is absorbed and added to your next attack. This should be simple enough to add, in theory. The way it should work is it should add a percent of the last hit you took to your attack's damage. The damage buff only applies to one hit unless hit again.

Counter I: 5% of last damage taken is added to next attack.
    Counter II: 10% of last damage taken is added to next attack.
    Counter III: 15% of last damage taken is added to next attack.

Counter is more powerful the less armor you have. Since the effect will be based on damage taken, armor will reduce the effect indirectly, as it reduces damage taken.

Counter was originally called Counter-Charge because it stored the damage and unleashed it all at once in one attack. I changed it's name because it sounded really bad that way, and I simplified the effect for the sake of making it reasonable to implement.

Originally, this enchantment was applied to rainbowcraft2's shield. Right now he has never used that shield in combat, but it has a ton of damage.absorbed. He basically has a one-hit kill lying around his base somewhere.

Banishment
    Increases base attack damage against custom mobs relative to their tier. More powerful than sharpness against heroic and legendary mobs but weaker than smite/bane of arthropods on respective mobs. Conflicts with sharpness, smite, and bane of arthropods.

Banishment I: +1 damage against strong mobs, +1.5 damage against heroic mobs, and +2 damage against legendary mobs.
    Banishment II: +2 damage against strong mobs, +3 damage against heroic mobs, and +4 damage against legendary mobs.
    Banishment III: +3 damage against strong mobs, +4.5 damage against heroic mobs, and +6 damage against legendary mobs.
    Banishment IV: +4 damage against strong mobs, +6 damage against heroic mobs, and +8 damage against Legendary mobs.

The original banishment enchantment was supposed to be used to increase damage against ghostly mobs. It was basically like smite or bane of arthropods but for ghosts. Since there are no ghosts in octagami I instantly came up with the idea of making it hurt custom mobs more.

Trailblazer
    Leaves a trail of fiery particles that lasts 0.5 seconds and ignites hostile mobs for fire damage. Conflicts with Frost Walker, Blaze and Depth Strider.

Trailblazer I: Deals 3 ticks of fire damage to ignited mobs.
    Trailblazer II: Deals 5 ticks of fire damage to ignited mobs.

Part of the Deities of Nature mod line, where everything is elemental. Trailblazer is basically fire aspect for your feet. Would be affected by the blaze enchantment if you could put blaze on boots. Thinking about it, Octa probably could arrange that....

Since the trail lasts a specific duration, the trails gets longer the faster you move. Using a Speed III potion and the /speed command adds 60% from the potion and 10% from /speed, for a total of 70% increased speed, which extends the path's length from 2 blocks behind (4 blocks per second sprint speed) to 3.4 blocks behind (6.8 blocks per second).

Thunderstrike
    Has a chance to strike mobs with lightning when hit. Conflicts with Fire Aspect, possibly affected by blaze.

Thunderstrike I: 10% chance per hit.
    Thunderstrike II: 17.5% chance per hit.
    Thunderstrike III: 25% chance per hit.

Basically just a generic sword effect. I've seen other servers do this, but none seem to have it as an actual enchantment.

This enchantment is from the same mod line as Trailblazer.

Those are the enchantment ideas I think would best work as part of the server. Let me know what you think in the comments!

#1 ΩVolt9, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bosschicow

bosschicow Player
    Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

These are really good ideas! Though I feel like Blaze and Trailblazer might be better if they are put together or forced to conflict with each other. That or take Trailblazer out completely if it's using actual particles. A good amount of people run minimal or no particles in their graphics option. At least I know I do. That's also assuming that I understand Trailblazer. Either way, good ideas!

3. ΩVolt9

ΩVolt9 Senior member
    Altair Witherweaver 3 Year Badge

The cloaks use a lot of particles, and they seem to work out okay.

Trailblazer leaves an invisible trail behind you for a short time that ignites mobs that step on it. The particles are entirely cosmetic and give a better indication of how far back the trail goes, but aren't required. The trail will probably last about 0.5 seconds before disappearing, since the player travels 4 blocks a second meaning the trail would extend 2 blocks behind before beginning to disappear. And that's something I need to add to the trivia - the faster you move, the longer the trial it leaves behind. The trail at maximum is as long as the number of blocks you can travel in 0.5 seconds, so speed III plus the /speed command that increases speed by 10% means you are moving 70% faster which means 6.8 blocks per second. This extends the trail to be 3.4 blocks long instead of 2.

4. bosschicow

bosschicow Player
    Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

I'm not saying particles are bad, was just pointing out that if that's a main function then it may not always be seen. I still really like this whole idea.