How To [Hacked]: Password Changing/Account Migration Guide

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Rabbit, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rabbit

Rabbit Carrot Enthusiast

It is fairly simple how to change your password but for some reason some people have some issues keeping their attention on one person for long enough to find out how to do it. So I will explain it quickly and visually.

Password Changing

Step One: Go into your favorite browser and type http://www.minecraft.net into the Address bar. Or in this case, please click the highlighted link.

Step Two: Login by simply putting your current Minecraft username and password.*
    [​IMG]

Step Three:: Click Profile at the top of the site. It will bring you to a page like this..
    [​IMG]

Step Four: Click the button that says "Click here to change your password." it will bring you to this setup.
    [​IMG]

It will not ask you anywhere to change your username, ONLY your password. If you still have questions after reading this, please feel free to ask. :)

*For future situations when you think it's a good idea to put your Minecraft username and password into a site or give it to your friend, DON'T

Account Migration

Mojang recently made it possible to make our Minecraft accounts more secure by allowing you to migrate your old Minecraft premium account over to a Mojang account. By doing so you will gain access to the ability to set account recovery questions which are useful to later prove you are the owner of the account.

Step One: You must start by creating a Mojang account, you can do this by going to http://minecraft.net/ and pressing register, or with https://account.mojang.com/register . Note: If you are under 13 please get a parent or guardian to help you with making your Mojang account.

Step Two: Verify your email and log in.
    [​IMG]

Step Three: Click the red hyperlink that says "import it into this account?" and type your minecraft login.

Step Four(if it applies): If your Mojang and your Minecraft emails are two different emails you will be asked to verify your identity, there will be a button that says "Send Instructions." Click that button and go into the email that is linked to your Minecraft. The email will look something like this...
    [​IMG]
    Click the really long link and you're done.

Recovery Questions

If you later decide that you would like to change your recover questions you can log into your Mojang account and press "View account settings"(underneath your email). Once inside settings press Edit next to Security Questions and click the button to send the email for the instructions.

• Useful Useful x 4
  2. Bilboswaggins503

Bilboswaggins503 Forum Champion
    Sirius Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

When logging in to the minecraft website, you actually have to use your email, not your username.

3. Hrawk

Hrawk Zombie Chaser
    Sol Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

Only if the account has already been migrated which the second half of the above post covers. Many users have not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. THE_FACELESS_ONE

did you change the author of this post from your old account to your new one? :p i got a notification about it and that's the only reason i can think of that i would get a notification for it... :p (not complaining, just curious) :)

5. PancakeAcoustics

PancakeAcoustics Pancakes + Music = Retired Guide
    Altair Sirius Voidwalker 5 Year Badge

Name changing. Rabbit = Slaack

6. THE_FACELESS_ONE

i know that, i assumed that's why i got an alert about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. VetraVex

VetraVex Member
    Vega

This is no longer up-to-date and you require to log in through Mojang; also the website interface has significantly changed.

8. Oxygen

Oxygen Veteran Member
    Vega Aetherseeker 1 Year Badge

This is severely outdated. :d

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Necro Necro x 1