Cauldron Brewing is a better and more advanced way to brew potions with regular and custom effects.
Certain levels of the Alchemist job are needed:
- Level 10+ to unlock Cauldron Brewing.
- Level 30+ to add 2 effects on one potion.
- Level 40+ to add 3 effects on one potion.
Note: The Alchemist job must be active in order to brew.
The brewing process is somewhat complicated for newcomers, but any aspiring Alchemist should be adept at brewing in no time.
- Place the cauldron so it has space on all four sides.
- To start off the brewing process, fill the cauldron with water and place a nether wart inside the cauldron.
- Next, add the first potion effect you want to utilize. For an in-game list of ingredients/effects use /faq cauldroningredients.
- Once you've added the ingredient, you can add modifiers to make the brew stronger.
- - If you decide to modify one potion effect with glowstone and redstone, you have to add the glowstone before the redstone or the cauldron will explode.
- When you are done adding the modifiers, stir the cauldron with a stick, bone, or blaze rod.
- If you want to add multiple potion effects to one potion, repeat the process on the same active cauldron.
- After your brew is complete, bottle the potion by using 3 empty glass bottles on the finished cauldron.
If the brew was successful, it should look something like this:
Beneficial Effect Ingredients
|Glistening Melon||Instant Health|
|Golden Carrot||Night Vision|
|Magma Cream||Fire Resistance|
|Rabbit Foot||Jump Boost|
Harmful Effect Ingredients
|Fermented Spider Eye||Weakness|
|Ink Sac||Mining Fatigue|
|Wither Skull Shard||Wither|
Potion Modifier Ingredients
|Purify Effect||Gold Nugget|
|Extend II||Redstone Block|
|Extend III||Pure Redstone|
|Amplify II||Pure Glowstone Dust|
- Using modifier ingredients is optional, so you can cauldron brew by only using nether wart and basic potion effects.
- To test your potion's effects before bottling, you can taste the brew with a shovel (spoon). Tasting the potion will result in 1/3 of the brew being used.