Changes Applied Wastelands Structures too OP?

Discussion in 'Balance Feedback' started by 12_zombies, Mar 29, 2016.

1. VictorianGamer

VictorianGamer Forum Elder
    Staff Member Altair Skylander 1 Year Badge

You do realize the home isn't where you set it when the wastelands change right... homes are pointless for trying to get loot first

2. KidstarGenetics

KidstarGenetics Demon Butler Ex Machina
    New 3 Year Badge

Ok and what happens after the reset, you find a structure and delete and old home and set a new one if you find it first. You remember what time you looted and then comeback after the cool down.

So yes I DO realize it, and thats why I mentioned it. Its a weekly reset. Vets know of the reset as well as non new players.

Also Dynmap shows all of the locations of the Structures. I could simply head to the structure after the recent reset and set myself a home

I didn't make the comment blindly, I took in the possibilities of what can happen. All because you possibly don't set homes doesnt mean someone else hasn't done so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tebbi123

tebbi123 Player
    3 Year Badge Aetherseeker

I feel like being able to loot every chest in the wastelands even once is still a bit too much.

4. Laff70

Laff70 Player
    Witherweaver 3 Year Badge

I feel that the items in the chests should be diluted with higher amounts of useful non-rare items like wood logs, quartz, cooking items/foods, and crops/plants. Instead of finding 13 gold ingots in a chest you could find a stack of wheat, chocolate, or garlic(please fix potted plants). I feel like this would make the treasure chests much less OP while still making finding them worthwhile.

5. octagami

octagami 8 Dimensional
    Staff Member Voidwalker 5 Year Badge

The loot tables for wastelands structure loot chests have been adjusted for todays reset.
    • The Common and Uncommon loot tables have been expanded to increase variety
    • Some of the more valuable Common drops have been moved to Uncommon
    • Pure Ores have been moved from Uncommon -> Rare

#25 octagami, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. octagami

octagami 8 Dimensional

At the risk of spoiling the fun, I'll give you guys a high level run down of the mechanics at play here.

Chest types
    • There are three varieties of loot chests, Common, Normal, and Legendary.
    • 65% of loot chests are Common
    • 30% are Normal
    • 5% are Legendary
    Loot tables
    • The loot tables have 4 tiers, common, uncommon, rare, and ultra rare

Common items include mob drops and mining drops
      Uncommon items include nether/end drops, vanilla mob heads, misc vanilla items
      Rare items include P. Ores, tome fragments, smaller bags, and player heads
      Ultra Rare items include larger bags, tomes, job items, monster masks, and rare vanilla items
    • Common chests drop 1-5 common items, and 1 uncommon item
    • Normal chests drop 1-5 common, 1-3 uncommon, and 1 rare item
    • Legendary chests drop: 1-5 common, 1-3 uncommon, 1-2 rare, and 1 ultra rare item
    Structures
    • ~40% of structures have 1 chest
    • ~30% of structures have 2 chests
    • ~25% of structures have 3 or 4 chests
    • ~3% of structures have 5 chests
    Refill
    • The refill period on chests is 36 hours +/- 12hours. This means chests will not refill for at least a full day, and a 1.5 days on average
    • Each loot chest may only be looted by the same player once. If the same player tries to loot a chest again, it will not refill, no matter how much time has passed

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. octagami

octagami 8 Dimensional

After reading above you'll see that only a quarter of the structures have more than 2 chests. We made a pass at nerfing some of the structures a month or so after the feature released.
    Take a look at the mechanics above, in particular the interplay between chest type rarity and loot rarity.
    Since the changes in April the same player cannot loot the same chests multiple times. This makes setting homes largely pointless.

• Informative Informative x 4
  8. UnboundOblivion

UnboundOblivion The Oblivious
    Sol Voidwalker

What about the Mystery Crates..?

9. UnboundOblivion

UnboundOblivion The Oblivious
    Sol Voidwalker

Uh, no. The first 2 chests I tried to loot in WL (from 2 diff structures) had literally NOTHING in them 0 items. Please fix this. I would put this in Bug Reports but idk how to quote from a diff thread...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Laff70

Laff70 Player

Do the mob drops include common spawner drops like bones and rotten flesh? If so, I'd suggest removing them as most will see them as worthless junk.
    I'd suggest replacing them with wood logs, quartz, cooking items/foods, and crops/plants. Be sure to include ender pearls with the mob drops. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ega

Ega Forum Elder
    Sol Witherweaver 3 Year Badge

There's quartz, bread, and enderpearls-- but that is it from your categories there.

12. Laff70

Laff70 Player

Good to know.

13. WireWizard

WireWizard Forum Legend
    Altair Voidwalker 3 Year Badge

That means they were already looted and you have to wait for the cool down timer before they are lootable again. I'm not thrilled about that system as I feel everyone who puts in the time to treasure hunt should come to a filled chest but I can deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 2